SoldierNET HOTSPOTS - GETTING CONNECTED GUIDE
How to Connect using Windows XP
- Right-click on the wireless network icon in the system tray at the bottom right of the screen (if no icon is present you may need to enable your wireless adapter)
- Select "View Available Wireless Networks"
- A window will appear asking you to choose a wireless network (this will depend on whether you have Windows XP SP1 (service pack) or SP2 installed
- Click on our network in the list, it should read "SNet", so that it is highlighted
- Click Connect!
- You will be prompted to enter a pre-shared network key. The key has been provided on noticeboards and may be available from the RSO/RSWO.
- A balloon should appear to tell you of a successful connection
- Launch your web browser and enter "start" in the browser address bar.
- You will be presented with the login page where you cna enter the username/password on your voucher or purchase a new voucher/subscription.
A successful connection to the wireless network requires that your device is set to allow us to automatically assign it a unique address via our Hotspot controllers (this is called DHCP).