SoldierNET HOTSPOTS - GETTING CONNECTED GUIDE
How to Connect using an Apple Macintosh
- Verify AirPort is on by clicking on the AirPort icon in the top right hand corner. If AirPort is off then click on the "AirPort: On" option
- Once AirPort is switched on then select the desired wireless network
- A dialogue box will ask you whether you would like to join this network in the future. Click YES, this will automatically add the network to your trusted networks and will allow automatic connection for the future
- You should now be connected to the network. To check the signal strength observe the AirPort icon in the top left hand side of the screen
- Now you can launch your browser (Internet Explorer, Netscape, Safari).
A successful connection to the wireless network requires that your device is set to allow us to automatically assign it a unique address via our Hotspot controllers (this is called DHCP).